WHAT TO EXPECT
The primary purpose of this role is to be the subject matter expert for soft wrapping of cockpit components - for leading the engineering development of our future in-house designs. Additional component processing developments such as welding, trimming, punching and hard wrapping will be developed in role.
May also develop into local expert for steel fabrication and welding for cross car beams.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Own and write the Cockpit Bill of Design for wrapping and processing.
* Develop process for sign-off / agreement of Design wrapped a-surfaces
* Work with CAD/AVA to develop future virtual design rules to follow BoD
* Liaise with manufacturing & suppliers to ensure Bill of Design and Bill of Process is aligned and being followed
* To identify issues and work with teams to approve virtual engineering readiness at appropriate gateways
* To ensure prototype build events review and resolve any potential production integration issues.
* Developing other team members
* Support the development of cockpit processes that drive further efficiencies.
* Lead specific cross functional problem-solving activities.
* Author new design requirements specific to wrapping and processing
* Daily interface / programme communication will be to the Cockpit Module/Technical Leader.
* Will work within a smaller specialised / technical expert within cockpit
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge, Skills and experience
* Experience of engineering & developing soft trim wrapping on ‘cockpit style' components
* Knowledge of various soft, hard lamination processes, adhesives, stitching etc.
* Knowledge of Injection moulding welding, punching, trimming.
* Previous experience of managing resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment
* Degree qualified or equivalent experience preferred
* A good understanding of the AIMS, Digi buck, visualisation in 3DX
* An understanding of Engineering Standards and Test Procedures
* Previous experience within Cockpit or similar major complex commodity system integration
* Experience of Cockpit Instrument panel soft wrapping
* Steel fabrication and welding (eg cross car beam)
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills
* A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery