Role- Environment Specialist (Operational and Project Support)
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £32,950 £49,450 (dependent on experience
This is an exciting time for AWE as we look for environmental professionals to join our Environment Team as we support the business in delivering its key mission.
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
This role is to provide support to our operational areas to ensure that the complex and critical activities completed in our manufacturing facilities are conducted in an environmentally compliant and responsible way, whilst helping the business achieve its sustainability targets.
Working as part of the environmental operations team you will help to provide advice and documentation in support of our environmental commitments for all activities and services that fall within the scope of AWE's Environmental Management System and facilitate the management and delivery of the Environmental Management System.
To be considered for this role you will have some of the following skills and experience,
- Degree in an environmental science or management based subject or vocational qualification (HND or equivalent) and/or commensurate practical experience.
- Understanding of current environmental management systems including ISO14001.
- Understanding of current environmental legislation, standards, and guidance (including licence conditions) relevant to role.
- Strong interpersonal/communication, report writing and presentation skills.
- Experience of at least one of the following areas (gained within or outside AWE): Environmental Management Systems, Environmental assessment, ISO14001, Policies and Legislation, Sustainability, Front End, Project design, Commissioning, Operations, and/or Decommissioning, Best Available Technique.