About Ware Manufacturing Site
GSK’s flagship manufacturing site at Ware (GSC - Global Supply Chain) produces medicines in the form of respiratory devices and in oral solid dose form. The site is in the unique position in our network as the only site responsible for launching the company’s pipeline of new medicines in these dose forms, many of which are lifesaving medicines.
The site has invested heavily in industry 4.0 state of the art, bespoke equipment to support sustained new product introductions and volume increases.
Operational Technology (OT) sits within the wider Automation Engineering Team where it provides technical expertise to support all production operations at the Ware Manufacturing site (particularly in relation to Data Pipelines from OT connected equipment to the MES Level 3 Layer).
In order to meet the needs of the site we are looking for motivated, qualified people to join the team. These roles would predominantly be site-based, but we support flexible working policies. We actively support personal development and progression, external training and further education (including professional registration).
We have 3 roles that we are looking to recruit:
- OT Equipment DataOps Engineer
- OT Security Engineer
- Automation Engineer
You will become a member of the site’s centralised automation team, providing technical expertise to support Automation, Data Pipelines (for Process Historians and OEE monitoring) and Security on a huge diversity of manufacturing, automation and control systems across the Ware Campus. You will be responsible for input into improvement strategies (to deliver business benefits) and you will act as a technical authority (Subject Matter Expert – SME) in your area of expertise (eg; Data Operations, Security or Automation).
Basic Qualifications / Skills:
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber Security or similar disciplines / backgrounds.
- (for DataOps Engineer) Knowledge of a number of Data Systems such as Data Historian, OEE, OPC, SQL and awareness of data structure modelling (i.e. ISA-88, ISA-95).
- (for Security Engineer) able to define an effective/achievable strategy (at a site level) for OT Cybersecurity activities.
- (for Automation Engineer) Technical and operational knowledge of Automation systems (PLC, HMI, Servo, Vision, Field Instrumentation) for off-the-shelf and bespoke process and production equipment. Knowledge of Electrical Design (control panel and field wiring) including understanding and interpreting electrical wiring diagrams and P&ID nomenclature.
These roles are suited to a self-motivated, driven individuals with strong influencing, communication, teamworking and leadership skills. Successful candidates will have a passion for understanding and mastering a variety of complex systems and must have a keen interest in the development and deployment of emerging technologies into beneficial use.
Please Note: We actively welcome direct entry graduates (as well as more experienced applicants).
Closing date for applications: Friday 28th of October 2022 (COB)
When applying for this role, please use your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role.
GSK has changed. In July 2022, we demerged our world-leading consumer healthcare business, Haleon. We are now a fully focused biopharma company. We prioritise innovation in vaccines and specialty medicines, maximising the increasing opportunities to prevent and treat disease. At the heart of this is our R&D focus on the science of the immune system, human genetics and advanced technologies, and our world-leading capabilities in vaccines and medicines development.