Bristol MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence. Salary:
Depending on experience + bonus scheme Hybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working. The opportunity:
The Future Cruise Anti-Ship Weapon (FC/ASW) systems team is looking for an Environmental Domain Lead to act as the focal point for Environmental requirements' maturation. You will be part of a team working closely with the Environmental Engineering & Electromagnetic Capability (EMC) teams to ensure a concise and provable requirements set (ERS) is formalised and agreed with all partners.
As part of the Integrated Systems Design Team (ISDT) you will also work closely with Design teams to elicit and agree upon requirements, and with Systems Proving to elaborate the proving strategy for the requirements and capture the intent via a Design Verification Plan (DVP). There will also be opportunities to gain experience working with external Suppliers and the Customer community.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Good communication skills and able to work with internal and external partners.
- Capable of managing the configuration controlled maturation and release of ERSs.
- Good attention to detail and carefully record decisions, assumptions and justification within Design Modules as well as manage the traceability of environmental requirements from Weapon System to Equipment levels.
- Previous experience of ERSs and knowledge of environmental standards.
- Previous experience of working in the Environmental domain, including EMC, Mechanical & Climatic areas.
- It would be beneficial if you have experience of proving techniques, both past and ideally those being proposed through new transformation initiatives.
What to expect:
- Motivated engineer with experience of environmental requirements (ERSs)
- Experience of environmental proving / verification (DVPs).
- Experience in use of DOORS (DOORS NG and RPE experience beneficial).
- Ideally familiar with Product Lifecycle Management and Rational Team Concert (PLM & RTC).
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!