Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
Dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingThe opportunity:
An opportunity has arisen in the Complex Warhead Centre of Excellence (CW CofEx) for a Modelling Engineer. The role will involve modelling and lethality performance assessment, and the specification of lethal packages, which are comprised of Fuzing and Warhead sub-systems.
Lethality is critical in determining the capability of our products and ensuring we achieve target destruction with limited collateral damage. Lethality encompasses many aspects of the missile but focuses on the warhead and fuzing subsystems. As lethality is the final performance measure of our weapons, you will have a high role profile, reporting at senior Functional, Project and Customer meetings. You will develop a high level of personal domain expertise of lethality assessment techniques.
You will have opportunities to demonstrate your capability in a role which has high visibility across MBDA, and gain experience of dealing with the MBDA Customer community and MoD expertise. You will have the opportunity to become expert in Lethality, Matlab, Hydrocode Modelling (e.g. ANSYS) and Program Management. There are development opportunities towards a Technical Expert or to Chief Design Engineer.The Role
What we're looking for from you:
- Development of lethality modelling, performance algorithm optimisation, and data analysis tools with significant visualisation (principally in MATLAB) to analyse the lethality model results.
- Lead studies to provide contributions to project performance statements, to enhance and optimise weapon performance.
- Provide innovation into the domain to anticipate and derive emerging needs. Participate in or lead internal and external research programmes.
- Liaise with subcontractors and in-house teams to ensure quality products are developed, and that contractor models are suitable for integration into our overall Lethality Model.
- Provide close liaison with MoD technical expertise and Research agencies to ensure customer satisfaction with our products.
- Prepare and give seminars/presentations to demonstrate Lethality and Warhead department capabilities to internal and external customers.
- Mathematical modelling, MATLAB, algorithm design and finite element modelling experience
What to expect:
- Substantial analytical and problem solving skills
- Engineering experience in defence & aerospace products, particularly but not essentially missiles, weapon systems and defence equipment
- Understanding of project and budget management, and proven ability to work to tight timescales, within financial and technical constraints.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.