- Key member of team on all power and control aspects of capital machinery project lifecycle.
- Participate in and/or lead, internal working groups (e.g. conceptual designs).
- Design equipment to specification, within cost budget and to time schedule.
Skills to have or will need to acquire
- A recognised qualification in an electrical engineering discipline (apprenticeship, HNC, HND or Degree, as appropriate to position level).
- Comprehensive PLC programming experience
- Comprehensive electrical design experience
- Keen interest in technology and engineering, with a desire to learn and progress.
- Willingness to work abroad, sometimes for extended periods.
- Able to work on own initiative, to high standards and to specified deadlines.
- Be practical and innovative in problem solving.
- Have good organisational, communication and inter-personal skills
- Some familiarity with electrical CAD packages and other computer software, such as the Microsoft suite of programs
- Experience in Rockwell Automation PLC and SCADA software
- Electrical design software experience
- Project management experience
- Team management experience
- Budget management experience