WHAT TO EXPECT
As a Lead Steering Systems Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery from requirements capture through to software delivery, testing, calibration of the steering system, and delivery of the complete software package into production.
As a steering engineer, you could be working on the front or rear steering systems and the purpose of this role is to coordinate the design, development, testing, commodity plan and introduction of Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS) software and functionality into existing and new vehicles.
You will be joining experienced EPAS engineers, Electronic, Network and System Engineers within the Steering Powerpack team.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
You will work closely with; system, network, diagnostic, release, Hardware in the Loop engineers, dynamic tuning engineers, supplier support engineers, and ADAS engineers to develop and deliver the steering software.
The role involves driving the vehicles with a direct hands-on approach to the steering assessment, debugging in real time the PSCM software and interacting with other systems on the vehicle.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Full Driving licence
* System Design experience
* Problem-solving and fault debugging techniques
* Serial communication systems
* Project and delivery planning
* Communication and presentation skills
* PC Microsoft programmes
* Motivation to succeed
* Good working knowledge of product and system definition
* Management experience
* Delivery of complex systems to time and budget
* Degree qualified or equivalent experience preferred
* Previous experience within Automotive engineering departments
* Software coding C / Python
* Network analysers such as Vector or Intrepid tools
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Electronic Hardware Design
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* An individual who is results-driven, demonstrates, tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment
* An individual with the ability to combine a short-term, pragmatic focus with longer-term planning
* An individual who is resilient, energetic and enthusiastic, able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs
* An individual who can challenge existing thinking positively whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
* A good communicator who can communicate complex ideas
* An effective team player, actively leads, develops and supports team members
* An individual who enables speed in decision making through establishing alignment, clarity, appropriate resources and a sense of urgency whilst bringing others along
* An individual, who works independently, is results-driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver results in a complex, highly demanding environment
* A resilient and enthusiastic who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
* A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas
* An effective team player actively develops and supports team members
* An Engineer with experience in Steering Systems