Bristol MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Hybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingBristol or Stevenage
We are looking for someone to join the System Performance team on a complex and interesting project, which is entering the Assessment Phase, a 3-year period during which the concept is to be refined to a point at which it can be progressed to design and manufacture.
System Performance is an essential part of the system design and a key indicator as to whether the design is suitable.
The role of a System Performance Engineer is to carry out technical studies on missile performance and survivability. Missile performance studies use models of the system to estimate key performance indicators such as range and terminal accuracy, among others. Survivability is a new domain within MBDA and studies the probability of success of a mission in advanced and contested environments.
The System Performance Engineer will:
What we're looking for
- Carry out technical studies into missile performance and survivability to help the project understand key trades and the impact of design choices
- Develop a good understanding of how the wider system affects performance and the knock on impacts of changes to the design
- Work with SMEs in Aerodynamics, Propulsion, Lethality, Guidance, Control & Navigation, Seekers (and others) to understand how each of these contribute to system performance
- Work closely with the functional domain leads to clearly capture the impact of any changes to system functionality on performance
- Report performance data in a clear and concise way in internal design reviews and external performance statements to customers
- Work in an agile and close-knit team. The team works in 4-week sprints, the objectives of which are agreed by the team at the start of each sprint.
- Present study conclusions and performance data to key partners including management and customers at the end of each sprint.
- Use their knowledge at the technical working level to shape future studies. As the person closest to the working level, a System Performance Engineer will have a good understanding of how design choices affect performance and are in a good position to help guide the work done by the team
What's in it for you?
- Experience of model development or using mathematical models to assess system behaviour
- Experience of data analysis using Matlab and Simulink (or similar)
- Experience of capturing and presenting technical data.
- Experience of configuration control of models
What to expect:
- Tangibly shape the design of the next generation deep strike and anti-ship capability developed by MBDA
- Opportunity to develop a network, internal and external to MBDA. This is an international project and offers the potential to work internationally with French colleagues and customers
- Practical experience of Agile principles and supporting frameworks on a Project that is driving the new ways of working in the business
- To work in a motivated and collaborative environment
- Opportunity to develop technical skills across all parts of the missile system as well as experience in mathematical modelling.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.