Job title: Senior Systems EngineerLocation: Hillend, Scotstoun, Northern Ireland, Manchester, Preston, Farnborough, Broad Oak, Chelmsford, Portsmouth and Cowes. Part Time, Flexible Working and a Job-Share Options are available for this role.Salary: Up to 56k depending on experience.What you'll be doing:
- Apply systems engineering principals of ISO 15288 to support the design of systems for the Royal Navy, through the entire engineering lifecycle from requirement definition to system integration and customer acceptance into system support and disposal.
- Technical accountability for tasks and provide guidance to systems engineers.
- Discern and decompose requirements to system and sub-systems level and manage these in an approved toolset such as IBM DOORS.
- Undertake systems design and modelling to subsystem level including associated external and internal interfaces and manage models in toolsets such as Cameo Systems Modeller.
- Undertake technical reviews, systems integration, test planning and execution.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of systems engineering practices including model-based engineering, digital threads, cyber security and safety procedures.
Your skills and experiences:Essential:
- Achieved or be in the final stages of achieving Chartered Engineering status and/or working towards relevant professional accreditation - INCOSE UK, ASEP or CSEP certification
- Understanding of engineering principles and approaches underpinning design and development activities and be capable of systems thinking, applying holistic approaches to complex problems.
- Knowledge and experience of systems engineering.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent qualification/experience) in relevant STEM subject.
- Team Leader/management experience.
Benefits:You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual incentive. The Training Services team:
The Training Services group are part of the Maritime services business. They are responsible for creating simulation systems to be used as a virtual warship training tool for the Royal Navy. As a senior technical systems engineering role you will be applying the principles of systems engineering to the entire engineering development lifecycle from requirement definition to system integration and customer acceptance into system support and disposal. The systems concerned are primarily software-intensive systems to support synthetic training and simulation for the Royal Navy.
Why BAE Systems?This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments."Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.