AWE is looking for Warhead Systems Engineers, who have the ability to see the bigger picture and identify and execute solutions across projects/programmes of work, Is that you? If so, the Warhead Systems Engineering Team could have a career for you.
Warhead Systems Engineers
Location: Reading/Basingstoke area (office based)
Package: £33,850 - £45,000 (dependant on suitability and level of experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Generous holiday entitlement 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
- Flexible working hours
- Potential opportunities to travel with work for conferences and international collaboration
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- AWE Life Insurance
- Salary sacrifice benefits scheme
The Warhead Engineering group at AWE is looking for Engineers at various stages of their careers to apply Systems Thinking to challenging mechanical, electronic, safety, security or nuclear projects.
In growing our capability across these areas, we will also be looking to grow your skills and knowledge as an Engineer with opportunities for development and progression across our programmes of work.
The difference you'll make in this role:
- Contributing to the delivery of requirements, conceptual designs, detail designs, manufacturing specifications, operational documentation and validation evidence for engineering solutions through all lifecycle phases
- Appling Systems Thinking and finding novel solutions to difficult technical challenges
- Inspiring and developing our engineers and scientists of the future
- Communicating your ideas through reports and presentations to others
- Safeguarding our nation by ensuring our deterrent is credible, effective and safe, today and into the future
The key skills & experience you'll bring:
- HNC/HND or degree qualification in a science or engineering discipline or proven experience working in a similar environment
- Ability to integrate and work well in a team and support or take the technical lead in projects
- Structured approach to problem solving
- Ability to convey complex and technical issues to diverse audiences
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.