Job title: Mechanical Technical Author
Location: Brough. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements.
Salary: Up to £44,000 dependent on skills and experience
What you'll be doing:
- Researching & originating technical information / manuals and supporting data to create, update and publish 'design approved data' to maintainers, suppliers and support personnel
- Supporting the Aircraft types and associated support equipment in ensuring that the publications are maintained whilst providing clear and unambiguous information to enable the end user to operate, and provide local support within the Customer Environment
- Ensuring delivery targets are met and maintained
- Producing information for various systems to multiple aircraft Mks/types using various publishing software such as - Framemaker, Epic, Quark Xpress, Ultra Author and other publishing packages
- Assisting the overall assessment, management and control of change across single and multiple platform variants and its subsequent effect on customer support solutions and approved data
- Assisting analysing safety requirements and hazards that may influence technical data and the requirement for the use of warnings and cautions in the technical information
Your skills and experiences:
- Previous experience in the Aerospace industry, ideally within supporting the operation / maintenance of military aircraft for mechanical systems and equipment
- Previous experience demonstrated with the preparation, authoring, reviewing and qualification of technical data and information using structured language tagging, writing guides and templates to produce technical information and publications
- Use of technical publications in supporting, servicing and maintaining aircraft or comparable engineering industry for mechanical systems and equipment
- Use of technical authoring software packages, including Framemaker, Epic or a use of a Common Source Database
- HNC/HND qualified in a relevant or related engineering field or equivalent relevant experience
- A Support Engineering background or working in a maintenance / product service environment
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The FJS Technical Information Services team:
This role supports multiple aircrafts such as the Hawk and Typhoon fast jets, and you will be working within a team providing in-service support. There will be various development opportunities within the department including, Project or Technical Leads, Governance roles or into a wider Through-Life Support within Support Products or wider business opportunities.
As a Technical Author, you will provide a support service for the update of the technical publications, originating and maintaining technical data as either electronic interactive data and / or hard copy publications in support of the operation and ground maintenance of our air-based products.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments."
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.