BAE Systems Applied Intelligence has an opportunity for a Technical Consultant to join the team, collaborating with customers and internal teams on the deployment and integration of the NetReveal financial crime solution suite. The role of the Technical Consultant is to provide the critical skills necessary to implement, integrate, upgrade, and extend applications. Technical Consultants take ownership of one or more areas of delivery within proof of concepts, analysis and design phases, implementations and upgrades, and provide guidance and mentorship to other members. Technical Consultants participate in client workshops and calls, and have a good knowledge of the technologies and tools associated with configuring and deploying the product.
The ideal candidate is be a fast learner and a team player, who is excited by career growth opportunities include progressing into a senior Technical Consultant, SME, or Solution Architecture role in the future.
What you'll be doing
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Deploying and integrating enterprise solutions including:
- Configuration of the software and supporting applications
- Development of custom extensions, to provide required integrations or functionality
- Responding to and resolving technical issues
- Supporting client presentations and workshops
- Support the NetReveal services team by documenting functional, technical, architecture and data management requirements
- Perform data management and unit testing Support the services QA team by delivering test defects and clarify test plans and cases
- Support the client through SIT, UAT, performance and security testing phases
- Perform packaging of solution, document installation instruction/notes and perform package deployment
- Supporting of the clients during installation packages into client environments.
- Identify improvements to our software, processes or supporting documentation
What we're looking for
The essential skills and experience required for the role are:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from a recognized university (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Physics, Mathematics or Statistics or closely related field
- Minimum 2 years+ professional experience in software development
- Coding and scripting experience in some of the following:
- Programming: SAS, Java, or Python (other languages may be considered)
- Linux/Unix and shell scripting
- Source Control Tools
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience handling, processing, and analyzing large data sources
- Good knowledge of SQL and in-depth experience of Databases such as Oracle, SQL Server and Postgres
- Good verbal communication skills and the ability to build relationships with clients
- Good knowledge of Unix (Solaris, AIX, Linux, HP UX)
Additional desirable skills include:
- Experience within the Financial or Insurance Services industry
- Knowledge of statistics and predictive modelling, exposure to supervised and unsupervised learning techniques
- Testing using continuous integration tools
- Webapp experience: JBoss, WebSphere, or Tomcat
- Experience with Big Data platform/eco system, understanding of Spark/Kafka/HDFS
- Experience working on AWS or Azure
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.