We’re growing our DevOps team at the Home Office (Border Force)! We’ve been asked to expand and deliver even more on a very high profile programme of work where we are building new digital services for securing the UK borders. We are looking for passionate DevOps engineers to be part of that the success.
You will be joining an existing team helping to deliver a challenging programme and providing support and technical guidance across multiple project scrum teams.
The solution comprises of a data ingest platform/pipeline which has been designed/implemented based on a number Java micro-services integrated with each other using Managed Streaming Kafka (MSK) topics to receive, standardise transform and store all messages received in an AWS Aurora (AWS PostgreSQL) database. Tasks are created and presented to users in a ReactJS UI from transformed messages that trigger any rules in the Risk assessment service designed/implemented based on Drools Rules Engine and Elastic Search. A number of ReactJS UI screens gives users access to search and process data stored in Elastic Search and the AWS Aurora (AWS PostgreSQL) database. The application components/services are deployed using a CI/CD pipeline to a Kubernetes containerised platform running in AWS. Drone CI have been used to implement the CI/CD pipeline.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Be skilled in the tooling and principles of continually building, testing and integrating the software that developers produce
- Be skilled in the automation of the deployment of the artefacts produced by the CI
- Deliver solutions to orchestrate the deployment, management scaling and networking of containers
- Create solutions to automate the scheduling and scaling of application workloads
- Be skilled in the design, deployment and management of Public or Private Cloud environments
- Practice good configuration and source code control of all artefacts
- Ability to operate in small cross-functional engineering teams to build supportable, sustainable, and reliable services
- Logging, monitoring and alerting using AWS CloudWatch and CloudTrail
- Working knowledge of Amazon Elasticsearch Service and Kibana, RDS, Ansible, AWS Managed Streaming Kafka(MSK), Artifactory, Docker
- Using infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as CloudFormation, Terraform to document cloud objects as code
- Deployment automation using Drone CI
- Strong version control skills with git
Exposure to the following techniques, tools and platforms are desirable:
- Grafana / Sysdig
- Test frameworks
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.