Bristol MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary
: Up to £48,000 depending on experience + Bonus & BenefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingThe opportunity:
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual to lead the development of the crew training solution for Sea Venom onto the AW159 Wildcat platform.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering the Sea Venom training and synthetic test equipment to the UK customer. The individual will work within the Air Platform Integration team within the Sea venom project and be responsible for the budget, technical delivery and schedule adherence for the Sea Venom Weapon System Training Model (embedded within the AW159 platform simulator for crew training) and the Sea Venom emulator product used to support the platform avionic software development.
The role will require regularly interfacing with the UK customer, Leonardo Helicopters and internal MBDA departments.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly motivated and dynamic team within MBDA. Given the stage of the programme, the role provides the opportunity to see the Sea Venom product into service on AW159 Wildcat. The role high paced and provides plenty of variety day to day.What we're looking for from you:
What to expect:
- An appropriate Engineering Degree or Masters (or equivalent experience)
- Experience delivering medium size work packages from a technical perspective in order to supply the work package deliverables to schedule, budget and quality.
- Strong inter-personal skills in order to manage many partners, internal and external to MBDA
- Knowledge of air launched weapons or relevant transferable experience in a related domain (e.g. Naval/ Land weapon systems, military aircraft systems, defensive systems etc.)
- A sound understanding of Systems engineering principles such as Technical Requirement Specifications, flow down of requirements, system architecture.
- Ability to do the necessary trade-offs between modelling fidelity of the (complex) weapon-system and the need to simplify its representation to meet the training needs.
- Knowledge of platform integration standards such as MIL-STD-1760D and MIL-STD 1553B (Desirable)
- Flow of top level system requirements onto software teams (Desirable)
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information!Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!