Do you have a background in RADAR and would like to apply your expertise to support our important mission?
This is a rare opportunity to be the technical lead helping to grow and develop a team of engineers focused on integration requirements for current and future systems at AWE.
Radar Integration Technical Lead
Location: Reading / Basingstoke Area (Office Based)
Package: £42,650 - £67,400 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body
- AWE Life Insurance
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
Using your expertise in RADAR, this role will require you to work with a team of highly motivated engineers to apply engineering methods, tools and processes to support existing RADAR systems and identify performance and integration requirements for future systems.
What will you be responsible for?
- Developing a thorough understanding of current designs and systems
- Working collaboratively at System level to help define future requirements and verification/validation plans
- Identifying and outlining the requirements for modelling and simulation of designs
- Managing the prototyping construction, configuration and testing of circuits and sub-assemblies for evaluation
- Working with design engineers from component and sub-assemblies to develop acceptance, integration and verification plans
- Electrical, Functional and Mechanical interfacing of radar sub-systems with wider systems and the environment
- Collaborative working with a wide range of stakeholders
- Supporting the development of radiation hardening strategies for the radar system
What will you need to be considered for this role?
- Knowledge and experience of Radar Designs and Techniques (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience of RF Systems Integration (Essential)
It would be advantageous if you have all or some of the following:
- RF/electronic circuit and assembly testing in a range of environments and using RF test equipment
- Systems Engineering and Project Management
- Design tools (i.e. Matlab, Simulink, NI LabView, Mentor Graphics)
- RF, analogue and/or digital circuit design
To be considered for the role, you will have a degree or higher qualification in an engineering discipline or proven equivalent experience working in a similar environment.
This role will require occasional travel within the UK and to our peer laboratories in the US.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.