About The Team
This is an excellent opportunity to work in an development support environment supporting one of our key products used by a major international client. As a member of the 3rd line support team you will be analysing java code, relational databases and AWS platform configurations to debug and resolve issues.
You will work alongside team members based in Malaysia and the UK to ensure the continued smooth operation and extension of this product. We are looking for candidates who can work evening shift (5pm - 2am) for which additional allowances will be paid.
What You Will Be Doing
- Triage production defects and perform code level debugging and fixes
- Diagnose and solve complex performance/scalability issues with appropriate analysis and experimentation
- Collaborates with others on the project to brainstorm complex development and platform issues
- Perform root cause analysis for production defects
- Contribute to development of new product features or integrations with additional 3rd party products
- Work with the AWS cloud platform to further extend infrastructure automation and monitoring
- Investigate issues with data stored in large scale relational databases
What We Are Looking For
- Graduates with a strong technical and programming background, ideally in Java
- Demonstrate the ability to learn on the job, acquire new skills as required and put these to effective use.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team of engineers and to learn new technoogies with support from senior mentors
- Demonstrate good English communication skills.
Key project technical areas:
- Programming Languages - Java Spring Boot, Hibernate, JPA, MySQL,
- Ticketing platforms – Salesforce ServiceCloud, JIRA
- Build Tools – Git, Maven
- Cloud - AWS
- Other Technologies – Jenkins, Docker, Linux bash
What We Offer
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 18 days annual leave a year
- You will be working shift patterns to allow for overlap with the UK timezone. You will have additional allowances for working these hours.
- We support hybrid working and give flexibility to teams to decide on the balance between remote and office based working. This role is almost entirely based at home.
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private family medical cover, dental, optical & home office setup allowances. We also provide EPF contributions for both local and international staff
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career and is something we will support with funded training and certification pathways
- You’ll be part of our annual bonus scheme
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.