Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
£55k to £65K dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working -
such as one "team day" on prime site plus other days depending on customer/project needs.The opportunity:
MBDA are accelerating their digital journey towards an increasingly connected enterprise where continuity and integration between specialist toolsets is becoming critical. The Information Systems-Engineering Digital Solutions team are seeking an experienced and flexible solution deployment and integration engineer to pioneer new and revised solutions up to and including the alpha release stage and then to assist in preparing the full deployment release project.
This could include activities such as undertaking all technical requirements for an alpha release, working with a small team, or co-ordinating suppliers and vendors to deliver the project. The key driver for MBDA is to retain and build the knowledge of our enterprise within the internal teams.
You will also be a key team member, with Architects, Analysts and Integration specialists, as we seek to improve the standards and repeatability of our application offerings across the group.What we're looking for from you:
What's in it for you?
- A broad level of technical information technology and information systems knowledge in a defence level environment covering application systems, databases, servers and desktop integration primarily for Windows based systems but with expectation to grow knowledge in other operating environments.
- Experience of enterprise application lifecycle management of information systems including acquisition, testing, release and deployment, as well as appreciation of operational needs.
- Experience of solution alignment with existing software, compatibility analysis, compliance analysis and remediation with standard such as Cyber Essentials+
- Ability to coordinate resources, internal and external with, a good level of technical competence to ensure solutions are created to the operational and security standards required for the defence industry.
- Someone who can work locally and internationally to promote innovation and improvement
- The role is not limited to the existing tools sets or engineering areas experience of industry tools for Product Lifecycle Management, Engineering Lifecycle Management and Service Lifecycle Management is highlt desirable - for example PTC Windchill; IBM ELM/Jazz; CARL Source; Pure:Variants; Ansys various offerings; Dassaut 3D Expeirence;
- Knowledge of Model Base Engineering and Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools as well of an awareness of agile techniques is an advantage.
What to expect:
- This is an opportunity to be part of a growing team which aims to provide solutions for MBDA's continuing digital journey.
- Opportunity to work nationally and internationally within the Information Management Function and with the Business and Engineering Teams.
- Be part of an organisation with a values-led culture that is committed to investing in its workforce with a personal development programme
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.