MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defenceSalary
: Up to £48,000 depending on experience + Bonus & BenefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
An opportunity has arisen within MBDA's Customer Support & Services (CSS) organisation for a proactive Integration & Systems Validation Engineer to carry out engineering tasks in within the In-Service environment to maintain weapon system safety, availability and capability.
Reporting to the CSS Engineering Manager, key responsibilities will include supporting Surveillance and Life Extension test programmes; small equipment development programmes for replacement equipment (potentially covering full range of development life cycle); investigation activities in response to Customer queries or fault reports; issues arising from in-service use and supporting bidding activities as required.
You will join a team that focuses on a specific product however, there will be future opportunities to work with MBDA products with multiple customers in the UK and internationally as you develop your experience, knowledge and skill base. You will build trusted relationships with a variety of internal and external partners, always ensuring MBDA's reputation is maintained.What we're looking for:
What's in it for you?
- Systems or Integration Engineering knowledge preferred, ability to address technical issues related to any part of a Weapon System (with some support from Subject Matter Experts (SME) with relevant expertise)
- Given the role includes working with a wide range of internal & external partners, it is essential you are able to manage relationships with confidence and professionalism whilst maintaining a constructive, open and honest working culture for all.
- You will have strong interpersonal and highly developed verbal and written communication skills for interacting with internal and external partners.
- A self-motivated team player who will be comfortable and indeed excel in a dynamic work environment, including the ability to work on simultaneous competing tasks and timescale requirements.
- Experience with IT tools, for example, MATLAB, DOORS & SAP would be preferable but not essential.
- A solid engineering background with a degree or equivalent experience.
- Flexible and adaptable with an aptitude to learn quickly.
Join a great team!
- Experience of an In-Service Customer facing role and a strong foundation for career development.
- The opportunity to build a personal reputation for effective project delivery.
- Exposure to a wide range of internal and external partners.
- Opportunity to travel in both the UK and Europe, enabling you to develop your knowledge of the wider business environment.
- Opportunities for career progression.
- Fantastic working environment and site facilities.
You will be joining a dynamic, focussed Customer Support Service (CSS) team; responsible for the in-Service support phase of one of MBDA's missiles/systems.What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.