Glasgow Life is the charity providing the support, inspiration and opportunity for Glasgow’s citizens to access the services that matter most to them. Working across museums, the arts, music, sport, world-class events, festivals, libraries, community facilities, and physical activity, learning and heritage programmes; the scale and reach of our activity makes a real and positive impact on the lives of Glasgow’s residents and creates unforgettable experiences for our visitors.
We are recruiting a Projects Officer Electrically biased with specialised knowledge of CCTV and BMS systems, to join our 3,000 strong team of dedicated staff and volunteers. You will be an essential member of the Infrastructure Support team and will focus predominantly on the development of electrically related capital projects, specifically networked, and monitored CCTV replacement and BMS controller replacements within the Glasgow Life estate and any other suitable projects within the term of the post. The scope of project delivery will require major coordinated planning and scoping of design briefs for large scale replacements ensuring successful project delivery commissioning and handover.
To be successful in this role you have the following skills and experience:
- HNC or higher in Electrical Engineering
- Broad experience of construction, capital project development, construction contracts and delivery.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective planning, coordination, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Collaborative approach to project delivery.
- Strong understanding of complex networked and monitored CCTV systems
- Strong understanding of Building Management systems (BMS) there operation and integration into an existing BMS bureau
- Clear understanding and familiarisation of BS7958 – Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), Management and operation code of Practice
We believe in the transformational power of the services we provide for the citizens and visitors of Glasgow, and if you want to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
In return we can offer a generous holiday allowance of 29 days (rising to 34 days after 5 years), plus 6.5 public holidays. You will also be eligible to join the Strathclyde pension fund, one of the largest local authority pension providers in the UK. Additional staff benefits include staff discounts, annual leave purchase scheme, flexible retirement and family friendly policies.
At Glasgow Life we value diversity and inclusion. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from BAME groups who are currently under represented in our organisation.
This post is temporary for a period up to 2 years.
To apply for this vacancy online please visit our website via the Apply button.