Role -Senior Quality Engineer
AWE is currently recruiting for experienced New Product Introduction (NPI) staff in Quality Engineering. You will have expertise in the tools and techniques for Right First Time and defect prevention in Product Design and Manufacture.
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £42,650 - £57,000 negotiable dependant on experience.
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours.
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
The successful candidate will use their initiative to work autonomously and within a team to advise and coach multi-disciplinary teams on defect prevention during product Design and Manufacture.
You will be required to:
- Provide specialist expertise in the development and implementation of tools, measurement techniques and validation methods to ensure Right First Time.
- Carry out activities in Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Apply your experience to:
- Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Measurement systems Analysis (MSA)
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR)
- Root Cause Analysis and Corrective and Preventive Action (RCA + CAPA)
- Generate KPI data and reports to support improvement through metrics, management information and action plans
- Write and publish company documentation on Right First Time and Defect Prevention tools
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.