Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
Up to £42K dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: This role is 37 hours per week, primarily based on site at our live build facility in Henlow, with some flexibility around start/finish times and the ability to work from home occasionally as part of dynamic working arrangements.The opportunity:
This opportunity isfor a Senior Test Engineer to join the Manufacturing team, supporting test and diagnostics of electrical/electronic weapon systems during the final assembly phase of product lifecycle. You will be providing technical support to the manufacturing test capability to ensure programme targets are met to agreed time, cost and quality requirements.What we're looking for from you:
- Degree/HND or equivalent qualifications in an electronic/electrical engineering related subject, plus experience in digital and analogue electronic/electro-mechanical manufacture and test.
- A good understanding of electrical/electronic measurement and test principles and test equipment, as well as fault diagnosis techniques for electronic/electro-mechanical sub-assemblies.
- Experience of using both manual and automated test equipment, preferably in a defence organisation or similar manufacturing environment.
- Familiar with enterprise resource planning and manufacturing execution system programs (e.g. SAP, MES) for recording test activities and generating non-conformance reports and concessions.
- The ability to plan and organise own work in order to ensure multiple tasks can be prioritised and delivered against Project objectives.
Join a great team!
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including generation of test specifications, operator instructions and technical reports based on higher-level requirements.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail.
You will be working with a small team of dedicated engineers in a fast-paced but friendly and inclusive manufacturing environment. The team has a great mix of people, ranging from apprentices and graduates through to experienced engineers, all striving to deliver technical excellence across a number of different missile systems in development and production.What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.