MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
Up to £40,000 dependent on experience plus bonus and benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working -
such as an element of remote working with consideration to the business needs for a robust level of shop floor support.The opportunity:
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer within the Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) manufacturing facility your focus will be to ensure that through the authoring of detailed manufacturing build instructions and an accurate bill of material our products are built efficiently, to design and industry standards in accordance with instructions and procedures that you will take ownership of. Current programmes will need to be maintained whilst also introducing new products - all to time, cost and quality objectives. You will be expected to participate or lead continuous improvement initiatives, carry out root cause analysis of recurring issues and support the day to day operations of a busy production environment.
You will utilise your experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and implement improvements to enable the CCA function to meet the delivery demands both long and short term of the business.What we're looking for from you:
Role requirements (skills, training and qualifications)
- Ensure engineering instructions and tooling contribute to a safe working environment following both company processes and legal obligations.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing methods to provide a robust and repeatable manufacturing system.
- Interpret CAD data and design requirements to generate manufacturing instructions and identify tooling requirements to meet the design intent.
- Identify, Continuous Improvement opportunities and drive through to completion monitoring and recording cost and quality improvements.
- Identify cost saving opportunities by improvements to manufacturing methods whilst adhering to necessary standards.
- Drive departmental improvement in order to make a positive impact on time, cost and quality of manufacturing within your sphere of influence.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives run by the Quality Engineering function to investigate root cause of non-conformance and implement robust corrective actions.
- Utilise lean-manufacturing principles and tools to understand process weaknesses, mitigate issues, improve capability/capacity and reduce overall cost.
- Produce and maintain documentation such as engineering plannings or layouts, critical build reports, and FMEA's
- Build and work collaboratively with multiple departments across the business and suppliers.
- Provide support to operations staff and peers to ensure manufacturing requirements are met.
- Ensure new products are introduced methodically to ensure they can be manufactured right first time, every time.
- Liaise with the design authority during the product prototype/development phase, to ensure optimised Design for Manufacture.
What to expect:
- Formal technical Engineering/Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21.
- and Formal further education certificate to minimum HNC or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- BEng in relevant Engineering Degree
- Ability to work with minimal supervision both individually and as part of a team.
- Must demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Experience or a strong working knowledge of electronic assembly equipment processes and techniques.
- Understanding of CCA ruggedisation processes such as underfill and conformal coating.
- The following training would be beneficial: IPC J STD-001, IPC-610, manual handling and ESD.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities!
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.