Bristol MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
Up to £55K dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working -
such as being on-site for face to face meetings or work that can only be performed whilst on-site, and the rest from home. This post will require a more site biased approach due to the nature of the work.
We are looking for an enthusiastic / dynamic individual to work within the team in both Operational and Project role capacities. The IT sector is constantly evolving to keep pace with both technology and threat, therefore new solutions or changes to the current environment are required on a continual basis.
Working in the Network team as a Network Security Specialist, you will be encouraged to keep your skill-set up to date, and training will be provided on new (Network related) platforms as they are introduced.
NB: Please note that the successful applicant will need to be in agreement to achieving the required levels of security clearance with acceptable restrictions or no restrictions (SC, then DV).What are we looking for?
Here's what's in it for you
- Prior experience or Vendor Certification on configuration and management of: Firewall's / Proxy's and DNS, is essential.
- Experience of some /all of the following solutions: Checkpoint / Juniper / Cisco / Palo Alto / Bluecoat / Riverbed / Infoblox
- Previous Aerospace sector experience or appreciation-of / working-at elevated security levels essential
- Experience of Cryptography (commercial and high grade) desirable
- Self-motivated and ambitious with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Team player, helping and supporting the wider Information Management team
- Become part of a unique, well respected team of dedicated people that have been recognised within our company for its professionalism, dedication and flexibility.
- Having the opportunity to work both nationally and internationally, broaden your horizons by embracing the rich cultural diversity of our company.
- The chance to bring innovation and shape to the future from within the MBDA Network team.
- Be part of an organisation with a values-led culture that is committed to investing in its workforce with a personal development programme
Join a great team!
- Security Appliance configuration & management
- Implementation of High-Grade Cryptographic devices and key material across the estate
- To assist in managing 3rd party suppliers in delivery of solutions and services across MBDA (UK)
- Review and Approval of Project Documentation
- Liaison with colleagues and support partners to form an architecture
- Support to project management colleagues in providing specialist technical support and consultancy for project activities
- Creation of documentation and presentation materials in support of business activities
- Close cooperation with the MBDA Security Operating Centre, and Information Security teams to ensure the highest standards of Network security are maintained
The Greater MBDA Network ‘Group' team comprises of UK / FR / GE and IT members - although the team you are joining is primarily UK based, you will also be working with various team members of different Nationality depending on the project / work as required. All speak excellent English - no need to learn another language (but the training option is there if you are interested).
We are a dynamic, focussed team providing Network services into the MBDA business where we have a constant stream of projects - from upgrades through to totally new solutions that you will take part in.What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.