MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defenceSalary:
up to £48K dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Sea Ceptor, Land Ceptor and Sea Viper are 3 major UK programmes are in various design life-cycle phases. In support of these programmes a key role has arisen within the Performance and Modelling team to support the delivery of these programmes.
These are high profile programmes within MBDA and, as part of the team, you will engage with senior partners in delivering the role. A key element is working with colleagues across MBDA functions and sites, especially working with the Modelling development team to ensure availability of an appropriate model.What we're looking for
What's in it for you?
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience in running and analysing complex computer simulations (e.g. 6 Degrees of Freedom models)
- Competent with MATLAB
- Ability to communicate complex system behaviours and interactions to the wider team
- Prior experience of simulation and data analysis in Defence and especially Weapon systems.
- Ability to scope, define and lead weapon system studies as part of internal research or customer funded studies.
- Ability to liaise with other systems engineers as well as the wider design team, to assess and influence design factors that relate to system performance and its understanding or limitations.
- Desire to work with other MBDA teams, especially internationally with France and Italy, to build relationships that can enable a more unified approach to understanding and resolving system level issues.
- A self-starter who can work autonomously
Join a great team!
- This role is an ideal opportunity to gain experience of the operation of a complex weapon system from detect to destroy.
- You will be responsible for presenting analysis of weapon system performance to both internal and external partners giving you the opportunity to develop communication skills and achieve greater visibility.
- Opportunity to work transversally with other weapon systems teams, with a reciprocal arrangement for expert support from their analyses team and assessment teams.
- Exposure to international working with MBDA France and Italy.
- Conducting performance analysis work for the weapon system, including generating analysis reports.
- Conducting design and performance sensitivity studies to inform and influence design developments.
- Support the production of wider partner simulation data analysis requests.
- Provide simulation analyses in response to emerging system characteristics.
- In Service support contract tasks, which includes support to In-Service Firings, development of new firing scenarios and the assessment of post trials data and production of Trials Analysis reports.
- Broad spectrum of varied work.
What to expect:
- You will be joining a dynamic team working across multiple programmes with a wide variety of partner engagement.
- The wider team covers a diverse range of systems activities, which have proven to be mutually supportive.
- The team is dedicated to ensuring an excellent product is available for UK platforms, continuing to enhance that capability.
- There is opportunity for working across project boundaries too, allowing the successful candidate to gain greater experience and exposure.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!