MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defenceSalary:
up to £48K dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
An opportunity has arisen to join a small, driven and dynamic team within the Mission Planning & Control department, who are focused on delivering a Mission Planning product for the UK domestic customer. You will be working on a key Mission Planning product within the Storm Shadow weapon system. The project is a multi-phase development focused on both hardware and software obsolescence as well as functional enhancements..What we're looking for
What's in it for you?
- Looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated systems engineer to join the MARS V5 team, working on-site but within a hybrid on-site/virtual team.
- Strong understanding of System Engineering Process is essential with significant recent experience in a systems engineering role ideally across the full lifecycle.
- Experience in tools for Requirements Capture and Control (DOORS) and Configuration Management essential (use of RTC is highly beneficial)
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a collaborative environment both physically and virtually is essential.
- Experience of technical problem solving.
- General understanding of mission planning would be of benefit.
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- You will be working on Mission Planning products for our domestic Customer. We work closely with many external partners, which the successful candidate would have the opportunity to participate in, these include several areas within the Ministry of Defence.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to...
Join a great team!
- Work across a large range of the product lifecycle, including requirements definition, design generation and flow down through to proving and certification activities.
- Work with MBDA-Fr and local SMEs to build a sound understanding of the underlying principles of the system.
- Author key documents, both internal and for the end user
You'll be joining a focussed, agile team who are highly driven to deliver a Mission Planning product for a key domestic/export customer, on time, on cost and to the quality that MBDA is renowned for. The sub-system team is relatively small and colleagues work very closely, supporting each other to ensure continuous commitment to delivery is maintained.
The sub-system team works as part of the wider Mission Planning & Control Function, responsible for delivering a multitude of projects and you will have the opportunity to work across many of these projects.What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!