MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defenceSalary:
Circa £45K dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
We are looking for a proactive and committed Systems Proving Engineer to join the Integration and Systems Validation team in the Naval Based Air Defence domain. Due to contracts won and expected, this is an exciting time to join an expanding team.
We are looking for a broad-based Systems Proving engineer who will be able to:
- Work with the systems engineering team and design teams to plan and execute trials.
- Liaise with the systems engineering team and design teams to ensure adequate trials data is acquired and to investigate and resolve design issues.
- Generate trials documentation
- Prepare, deliver and follow up internal and external Trials Readiness Reviews
- Conduct post trials data analysis and reporting
- Conduct and/or support trials including
- Laboratory based functional integration trials / system trials
- Ground based trials
- Harbour trials and sea trials
- Firing Trials
In addition, the candidate will assist with:
- Lab Management responsibilities (e.g. maintain risk assessments, asset management, host audits, maintain lab safety etc.)
- Maintaining hardware and software configuration control
The job will involve travel within the UK with opportunities to travel abroad likely to be available.What we're looking for
Experience of working in one of the following environments:
- System Integration
- Design Proving and Trials
- Naval Integration
- Missile Test
- Interface Design
- System assessment and acceptance
- Design Verification
- Electrical / mechanical construction and interfacing
- Electronic design/test
- Network integration
What's in it for you?
- Good verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Be able to communicate with a wide range of internal customers, sub-contractors / partners/ suppliers at both engineering and management levels
- Beneficial to have experience of MBSE tools, e.g. DOORS, Rhapsody, RTC
- Beneficial to have experience of coding, especially Python
This opportunity offers the rare prospect of enhanced job satisfaction by following complete project trials campaigns from requirement allocation and trials generation all the way through to successful conduct and data analysis.Join a great team!
You will be joining a well-organised, friendly and supportive team, committed to providing all the help and training you need to succeed in this role.What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!