MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defenceSalary:
up to £40K dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
You will join the Meteor programme and work in a Systems Design team to integrate Meteor to a new aircraft platform (KF21). Meteor is the world's most capable long-range air-to-air missile, equipping fast jet aircraft to defend the skies of more than 10 nations.
You will help deliver the following tasks associated with integrating Meteor to a new platform:
- Missile level requirements capture & specification,
- Software level requirements capture, specification, test, analysis and reporting,
- Pre-trial performance modelling and Weapon Danger Area modelling,
- Missile Ground / Carriage / Release trials data analysis and reporting.
You will collaborate closely with other departments such as Aircraft Integration, Guidance and Control, Embedded Software, Simulation and Modelling, Aerodynamics, Systems Proving, and Safety.What we're looking for?
- Strong logical and analytical skills to address the technical nature of the work.
- Good attention to detail in textual (requirements) and logical (software test) contexts.
- Strong report writing skills to clearly convey technical information.
- Flexible approach to onsite working will be required to access the classified information required to do the job.
If not know how to, then be willing to learn on-the-job to;
What's in it for you?
- Use IBM DOORS systems engineering tool.
- Use Mathworks Matlab Simulink (in particular statecharts).
- Analyse telemetry using tools such as Mathworks Matlab.
- Run code based performance models (not MBSE) and analyse output using Mathworks Matlab.
- The opportunity to integrate Meteor to a new aircraft platform.
- Gain a deep understanding of Meteor and the unique challenges of engineering world leading missile products.
- Gain a wide insight into the methods and processes of MBDA, and of national and international defense agencies. This insight will be transferable to a variety of engineering opportunities across MBDA's full product range.
- Opportunities to work with a pan-European customer and supplier base.
- Industry leading training and development, with mobility between roles and programmes actively supported.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingJoin a great team!
We're a professional and committed team, large enough that you will be welcomed and supported, but small enough that you will be able to make a tangible difference daily. We'll support you to develop your career and will actively encourage mobility within the company, and you'll gain exposure to cross project communities of experts. The work you do will support a world leading product which delivers a key military capability to UK and export nation armed forces on MBDA UK's most profitable programme.What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!