MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defenceSalary:
up to £48K dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
A role has opened for an Equipment Systems Lead in the Actuation Systems Centre of Excellence. The Actuation Systems Centre of Excellence provides a great opportunity for a systems engineer to gain experience across a large number of international safety critical projects at every point in the development lifecycle. The ideal person for the role will be a highly motivated lead individual focused on implementation and delivery. They will be an early adopter of new technologies and keen to expand their experience into electro-mechanical systems, product-line engineering and model-based systems engineering.
The role will involve considerable collaboration across all of engineering, including: mechanical, electronics, servo, software and safety to converge on a design solution.What are we looking for?
- Knowledge of systems engineering.
- Experience in lead roles.
- Ability to communicate with all levels effectively; challenge, negotiate and influence to achieve a desired goal/outcome.
- Ability to manage ever-changing and conflicting priorities to achieve the end goal.
- Experience in a variety of engineering tools.
- Gain experience across a large number of international safety critical projects at every point in the development lifecycle.
- Tackle exciting and challenging problems, as the Centre of Excellence continually pushes the boundaries of what's possible.
Join a great team!!
- Take ownership of the equipment system design, on behalf of the Equipment Design Authority and Integrated Design Team.
- Elicit and understand partner needs to develop a complete and coherent system design solution.
- Develop and refine the equipment system design during the course of project.
- Develop and refine all internally generated system requirements for the equipment.
- Collaborate with the Integrated Design Team to deliver the system design solution.
- Develop solutions to technical issues and process improvement opportunities as a member of the Actuation Systems CofEx team.
What to expect:
- You will be joining a dual-rolled Product Line development team: the Missile Actuator Centre of Excellence and the Actuation Systems Equipment Team jointly referred to as the Actuation Systems Centre of Excellence.
- The multifunction product focused organisation has been set up to ensure a robust and comprehensive focus can be applied to all elements of actuator product life cycle; from R&D, through development and to in-service support.
- Common architectures and design methodologies are applied to actuator design to make maximum benefit of re-use and knowledge sharing between teams working on similar products. Delivery focused teams are set up to work on project specific development programmes, but will where possible utilise the common approach to the product definition. Engineers will often work on more than one product at a time to ensure the correct skills and experience is embedded in each delivery team.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!