Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defenceSalary:
up to £58K dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
MBDA are at the forefront of the one of the most exciting and challenging programmes within Defence - to design and deliver a Future Combat Air Systems (FCAS) for the RAF and international partners in record time. This is your opportunity to be at the heart of this once in a generation, transformational initiative.
The role is crucial to MBDA's continued success and involves working across MBDA, and directly with partner nations, to build strong relationships and realise collaboration opportunities.
This also involves working with the functional teams (eg. Aerodynamics and Propulsion, Mechanical, Environmental, Systems Design) to identify key enabling technologies and develop concept solutions.
Today, Complex Weapons integration onto aircraft is a costly and lengthy process and part of MBDA's role in the FCAS programme is to reduce these measures significantly in order to provide capability upgrades to the User on a continuous basis, keeping their air platforms relevant as threats evolve.
The role holder will lead two domains (each with their own team). One of these domains is a focused program delivery responsibility, with the second domain looking at the strategic (2035) horizon for both technology and process chains to achieve significant test and evaluation cost reduction.
Reporting into the Head of Platform Integration and Program Enablers, the role holder will be responsible for:
- Leading the solution to future synthetic weapons integration to realise significant reduction in time and cost compared to current integration approaches.
- Leading the team to deliver demonstrations of synthetic technology and approaches to internal (SBD & Engineer) and external (DE&S, Industry Partners, Regulatory Authorities) partners, showing the cost/benefit to the FCAS program
- Leading the team to deliver MBDA's contribution to a Model based Certification pilot project, including owning the budget and technical authority for all deliverables.
- Be the point of contact for MBDA in the industry and MOD Enterprise, influencing the future strategy for Synthetics within the UK Air Sector.
- Engage with the supply chain to create partnerships within the Synthetic domain.
- Interface with the internal Technology Maturation teams, IRAD and Universities to support the increase in TRL of key technologies.
Travel within the UK likely, with possible international travel.What we're looking for
What's in it for you?
- Proven experience of leading multiple technical teams through uncertainty to delivery. Experience across the lifecycle is desirable (Concept through to Delivery), however depth in Test and Evaluation phases is also a key experience we're looking for.
- Resilience and adaptability as the FCAS programme is highly dynamic and scope is changeable. This provides an exciting environment but requires someone who is willing to work with uncertainty and adapt to changing priorities;
- Willingness to explore and adopt new ways of working (experience of working in AGILE teams and applying AGILE methodology beneficial.
What to expect:
- A unique opportunity to be involved in one of the most exciting programmes in Defence, providing a great platform to grow your experience and expertise, and raise your profile in an area of the business that is critically important for the future of MBDA!
- Unrivalled variety through co-ordination across multiple internal and external partners, both in the UK and internationally;
- An opportunity to gain a strong knowledge of the customer environment, culture, structure and processes in the most transformational programme with the Defence sector;
- Opportunity to develop technical experience within the concepting domain, air sector and emerging and complex enterprise level programs.
- Excellent exposure to senior management and leadership both inside and outside of MBDA.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!