Role - Quality Engineer
Location - Reading/Basingstoke area
Salary - £33,000 -c£49,000 per annum
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
AWE plays a crucial role in nuclear defence, providing the warheads for the UK's nuclear deterrent. What we do is unique and so are the people who work here.
You will provide local Quality expertise to support numerous internal or external stakeholders of within their specific area. Work as part of a cross functional team to deliver improvement through collaboration on projects and programmes. You will ensure that Quality is represented at all stages of programme, project, trial or production. Provide technical guidance and customer support to ensure that deliverables and targets are met.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- ONC/HNC or equivalent in a relative discipline and/or extensive practical experience.
- Good working knowledge of Quality Management Systems and related standards (e.g. Health & Safety, Environment, Security).
- Good inter-personal/negotiation/communication skills.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Good understanding of configuration and change management techniques.
- Understanding of improvement techniques, such as Lean, Six Sigma, RLI, etc.
- Influencing and engaging with management.
- Ability to develop, implement and maintain management systems, processes, procedures and other supporting documentation.
- Completion of vendor selection monitoring and management processes.
- Auditing from definition/scheduling through to implementation, reporting and close out.
- Providing quality resource estimates and budgets.
- Supports the application and adherence to LC 17 and accreditation to ISO 9001:2015.
- All Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.