Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Act as a servant leader to the team and wider organisation, championing the importance of the agile values and principles in all the decisions we make.
* Use the agile frameworks, i.e. Scrum, to our advantage - To put the customer at the forefront of our value driven decisions.
* Work to remove impediments to the Scrum Team's progress
* Ensure that all scrum events take place and are positive, productive and kept within the timebox
Coach the team to form a high-performing autonomous unit, delivering high quality product value to customers on a per Sprint basis; by becoming:
* Cross-functional through growing skills across the team, i.e. remove single points of failure.
* Obsessed about delivering a quality product.
* Self-organised to develop the product in the most efficient manner.
* Accountable for the estimation of the effort to develop the product.
* Able to implement the simplest solution possible to the problem.
Coach the product owner how to:
* Define a product backlog in a customer-centric language.
* Capture the right information at the right time, i.e. avoiding waterfall or big up-front designs.
* Avoid designing the solution for the team - focus on capturing the customer problem and accompanying acceptance criteria.
* Organise and run refinement sessions to ensure the product backlog is in a state of readiness at the right time.
Coach the wider organisation to understand how uncontrolled external distractions delay the team from delivering the prioritised work.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Experience of managing workstreams with Agile processes / methodologies - such as in a DevOps, Scrum, SAFe environment etc.
* Experience of using Agile tools for example JIRA, Confluence and collaboration tools.
* Ability to manage complex projects / products across diverse teams across global locations
* Strong people skills with the ability to coach and mentor team members
* Strong oral and written communication.
* Degree qualified or equivalent experience preferred
* Understanding of high-quality user stories and how to drive to a satisfactory MVP
* An adaptable and pragmatic approach and a curious mind, continually asking ‘why'