We are looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to support our design team. You will report to the Lead Electrical Engineer and support technical projects from the enquiry stage, through to technical execution and final delivery to the customer. The role is based at our offices in Tamworth, Staffordshire. Occasional UK and overseas travel will be required to visit customers sites.
You can expect a base salary of £42,500, with pension, death in service, long-term sickness insurance and thirty days holiday.
You will have a degree level qualification in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and at least three years of relevant experience in design of electrical control panels. You will also have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills along with good communication, teamwork and problem-solving skills.
You will have experience in delivering complex electrical designs to customer specifications, with a good understand of Eplan or Autocad Electrical.
A full UK driving licence is essential.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Creation of electrical drawings using Eplan or Autocad Electrical
- Design and implementation of PLC software
- Preparation of cable schedules
- Production of project documentation such as functional design specifications, manufacturing specifications and factory acceptance test documents
- Customer interface and liaison throughout a project lifecycle
- Support with customer witnessed factory acceptance testing
- Manage workload, prioritise, and operate efficiently to meet customer deadlines.
- Support the tendering process with technically innovate and competitive solutions.
- Work within the guidelines set by our ISO9001 accredited quality system to ensure all projects and business activities are delivered to the high standards and expectations of our customers.
- Attend training courses and conferences to develop and improve technical competence in the specialist areas that Manage work load, prioritise and operate efficiently to meet customer deadlines EES operates.