MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defenceSalary:
up to £38K dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
MBDA are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated engineer to work in the Brimstone System Performance group. The role involves working on a range of challenging technical activities to ensure successful delivery of key contractual milestones for both UK and International customers.What are we looking for?
What's in it for you?
- Previous experience or an understanding of system modelling.
- Strong data analysis and technical report writing skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and engage and influence others (internal/external).
- Experience of Matlab/Simulink is desirable.
- Learn about current and future missile system performance and technologies.
- Develop a good knowledge of mathematical modelling and missile system simulation.
- Develop your data analysis techniques to generate concise and informative technical reports.
- Exposure to a wide range of internal and external partners.
- Enhancing your influencing, negotiating and task management skills.
- Opportunity to regularly engage with the Senior Brimstone Management.
- Potential to develop your people management skills through team member management.
Plan and execute a diverse range of System Performance tasks for Brimstone which include:
Join a great team!
- Conducting System Performance modelling and support tasks, e.g. performance modelling, missile firing trials support, algorithm assessments, in-theatre support to operations, scoping and analysis of hardware-in-the-loop testing, to deliver key contractual milestones or wider Brimstone programme activities.
- Work within the Group and other SMEs to understand system behaviours.
- Generate internal and external technical reports that suitably summarise assessment activities.
- Task reporting to senior management, e.g., Group Lead and Chief Systems Engineer, and external customers.
What to expect:
- The Brimstone team delivers a world class product which has been successfully used in hundreds of operational engagements and is current used in military operations.
- The Brimstone systems team has 30+ engineers covering all life cycle phases and product variants
- The product and project team have both a long history and exciting future with multiple contracts to deliver and many future business and export opportunities in the pipeline
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!