WHAT TO EXPECT
The purpose of this role is to work within an off cycle agile squad dedicated to improving the quality of Jaguar Land Rover cockpits.
The role covers some key areas including DFMEA's, Bill of Designs, warranty reduction and reporting out weekly metrics for current car quality deliverables. The ultimate task is to improve the current and future quality of our cockpit system.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
● Support Cockpit Quality team and deliverables/metrics
● Support Cockpit DFMEA activities for new and updates driven by lessons learnt
● Monitor that complete process is followed from discovering issue to containing, permanent corrective action, lessons learnt into Bill of Design, DFMEA and updated requirements.
● Weekly update Cockpit specific Quality dashboard
● Support regular internal quality reviews within the Agile squad framework
● Support our suppliers for improved quality via metrics and regular reviews.
● Support the development of future cockpit processes that drive further efficiencies.
● Support specific cross functional problem-solving activities.
● Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge, Skills and experience
● Experience in managing & driving engineering quality improvements
● Yellow Belt 6 sigma or equivalent methodology knowledge
● Experience in DFMEA authoring.
● Degree qualified or equivalent experience preferred
● An understanding of Engineering Standards.
● Green Belt 6 sigma
● Previous experience of managing resolution of business, technical and process issues
● Agile working knowledge.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills
● A working knowledge of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes
● An understanding of the AIMS, Digi buck, visualisation in 3DX