WHAT YOU'LL DO
Jaguar Land Rover is an iconic brand with an illustrious heritage that is now undergoing a dramatic transformation. As part of our Re-Imagine Strategy, we will be repositioned as a modern luxury brand and will seek to offer a new end to end customer journey. As part of our new vision, we aim to deliver customers an aspirational, seamless and luxury experience.If you are a looking for a Highly Collaborative way of working embracing the Agile way of working throughout Jaguar Land Rover. This is a perfect opportunity as this role gives the opportunity with future technologies - particularly exciting when it comes to autonomous cars and a huge opportunity for Innovation.
The purpose of this role is to lead the electronics and software development of Exterior and Interior Lighting and component level diagnostics. Working in Agile squads the role will involve the design and development of lighting devices as well as building upon the JLR Lighting body of knowledge for electronics, software and diagnostics by developing methods, processes to support programme delivery. In addition, support the wider Lighting team in problem resolution. Reporting into a Technical Specialist, the role requires the individual to deliver the commodity plan whilst balancing quality, cost, time and customer acceptance both internal and external to the Lighting team.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Responsible for the electronic (software and hardware) design and development of Interior and Exterior lighting components.
* Responsible for diagnostics of components to identify root causes and implement fixes.
* Development, concept lamp development, JLR lighting strategy and legal requirements.
* Ensure that lighting 3D data, simulations and measurements meet JLR quality requirements and that Tier 1 suppliers provide robust data to meet internal gateways.
* Support Lead Engineers with rectification of issues.
* Support component sourcing.
* Provide input into new feature development.
* Provide input into new standards development, and new Product Design Specifications.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* Experience of automotive lighting embedded system design, lighting diagnostics and of leading technical issues within a project team environment.
* Circuit Design, PCB Design, Spice Simulations, C/C++ programming, Python
* Ability to rapidly prototype embedded boards for development
* Strong IT skills with significant experience of using virtual engineering tools.
* Technical and practical knowledge of Body Engineering commodities.
* Previous programme delivery experience, with strong influencing and engagement skills.
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred.
* Knowledge of ARM Cortex M4, PIC18, ATMEL architectures
* EMI Simulations
* Experience of concept generation and cross functionality problem resolution.
* Experience working in Agile product development methodology.