MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defenceSalary:
up to £47K dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen which requires the specialist skills and knowledge of somebody with experience as a ‘hands on engineer' to work as a Field Support Representative for one of MBDA's Air-Launched products overseas on the South American continent.What are we looking for?
What's in it for you?
- You need to be a practical ‘hands on' engineer willing to work with the Weapon System Designers, the MoD and Customer partners.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, as you will need to be able to work with a variety of different types of people while maintaining a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, even when things change at the last minute.
- Sound knowledge of the MoD structure and engineering processes whilst keeping yourself up to date in the relevant technical areas.
- Be flexible and adaptable in your work, with the capacity to gain competencies in (and support) multiple products.
- Deliver, or assist in the delivery of Field Support to the highest quality, on time and on cost including responding to technical queries from the Customer.
- Provide Support to Design, Trials or Individual Projects when required and liaise with product suppliers in support of Field Support activities.
- Maintain personal and Technical reports and records of all Field Support activities, to a high standard.
- You may be required to lead a Contractor's Working Party, at the Customer's location, in the UK or overseas, within the scope of Company Approval.
- Having experience and a working knowledge of the Defence environment and experience of working with a Trials Team would be beneficial.
- An ability to mentor other, more junior, staff as appropriate.
- As you will be joining an established team, you will quickly need to add value but once deployed you will capable of working and reporting alongside the customer.
- Familiarity with Portuguese would be an advantage.
- This opportunity is an influential and a relatively autonomous job, where the successful applicant could have an impact on the way that our Weapon Systems are managed and maintained.
- You will act as an ambassador for the CSS UK Field Support Team and can help develop both the team and the corporate capability while having significant exposure to senior management and leadership within MBDA and the wider partner map.
- This is an outstanding opportunity to work with our export Customer and to gain a strong working knowledge of the customer environment.
- The role will also require liaison with many communities within the Defence domain thus offering an abundance of variety.
Join a great team!
- You will work as part of the Field Support Team, providing full-time in-country support to our export Customer in South America, within the scope of your Company Approval.
- After an initial training period in the UK (approximately 3 - 6 months), you will deploy to the Customer location on a full-time basis for a minimum period of 12 months.
- Respond to Technical Queries from the Customer in a reasonable and timely manner
- Initiate and implement process and technology improvements to deliver Continuous Improvements in MBDA Quality and product availability.
- Ensure all necessary tools and equipment are available for use or perform timely replacement and or calibration to secure minimal disruption.
- Assist other organisations with information and technical support regarding Company Products during Support, Installation and Commissioning activities, at the Customer's location.
- Be sensitive and appropriately responsive to the UK and any Export customer's local culture, behaviour and requirements.
What to expect:
- The CSS UK Field Support Team is currently populated by a variety of experienced, technically capable engineers, at numerous locations within the UK and overseas.
- The current team has a mix of personnel, many of whom served in the Armed Forces and bring a wealth of knowledge and experience.
- You will be joining a dynamic, focussed team responsible for the provision of Field Support tasks as required by the customer.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!