Engineering – Help design, operate, and maintain the infrastructure of tomorrow.
We want you to join our teams of Engineers across Operations, Asset Management, and Capital Delivery.
Join us and you’ll be part of a company where people are at the heart of the business. We value the unique skills, experiences, and backgrounds that each employee brings. We are recruiting for a variety of engineering disciplines and levels into our industry-leading teams across the Thames Valley and London:
- Civil Engineers (Structural/Geotech/General/Hydraulic)
- Construction Assurance Engineers
- Construction Integration Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Environmental Engineers
- ICA (Instrumentation, Control & Automation) Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Process Engineers
- Project Engineers
- Technical Assurance Engineers
Ideally, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline according to the role
- Ideally with professional Chartership, although we will consider candidates who are working toward this
- Understanding of the development of design, construction, and operation of infrastructure or non-infrastructure projects
- Proven ability to work on and deliver engineering projects
- Some commercial and contractual knowledge
- Good communication skills
What’s in it for you?
Along with our competitive salaries, our packages include:
- An excellent contributory pension
- 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service
- Annual pay review
- Season ticket loans
- Loyalty awards for continuous service
- Our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company
- A competitive bonus (subject to the level of role)
- Car allowance (subject to requirements of the role)
- Private healthcare (subject to the level of role)
Thames Water is a dynamic, rewarding, and diverse place to work, with opportunities around every corner. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy a fulfilling career and flexible working arrangements.
We’re also proud to embrace and promote diversity and believe that creating a workforce that reflects the communities we serve will help us to thrive. We encourage applications from everyone and offer extra support for those who need it throughout the recruitment process.
We deliver life's essential service so our customers, communities, and the environment can thrive. This means, that when a crisis happens, we all rally around to support our customers. As part of Team Thames, you’ll have the opportunity to sign up to support our customers on the frontline as an Ambassador. Full training will be given for what is undoubtedly an incredibly rewarding experience. It’s also a great opportunity to learn more about our business, meet colleagues, and a earn bit of extra money along the way.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is so we can manage all the applications properly and give candidates a positive experience. Once closed, we can’t consider any further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.