WHAT TO EXPECT
The role of Electrical Project Engineer within the Digital Product Platform (DPP) team is an exciting opportunity to help deliver our future vehicle programmes. You will work in partnership with the Electrical commodity owners (both hardware and software) to ensure delivery on time, on quality and within cost target.
The DPP engineering teams deliver a wide range of Electrical modules, sensors, switchgear and EDS harnesses, as well as vehicle software and cloud-based applications (apps).
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
● Manage project delivery to Quality, Cost and Time; forward planning to achieve this and managing risks effectively and transparently.
● Manage the reporting and successful delivery of both the technical & programme metrics to meet programme gateway timing. ● Communicate & engage with DPP and other key JLR stakeholders to ensure that current status, risks and forward plans are up-to-date and circulated.
● Support a variety of build tasks across the programme, especially through vehicle prototype and launch build phases. ● Lead problem solving activities for Engineering & Business issues, pulling together key stakeholders and outputting robust solutions or recommendations for implementation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Previous experience in a similar role within Engineering and/or Project Management, and with a track record of delivery.
● A good working knowledge of programme planning, change management, product definition and systems engineering.
● Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, self-confidence and a passion for our products.
● Ability to lead the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment.
● Methodical detailed approach to work, whilst mitigating time pressures.
● Ability to deliver with minimum supervision, managing technical issues and risks.
● Negotiation and adaptability skills and the confidence to deal with colleagues at any level.
● Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
● Project Management, Agile or similar qualification
● Experience of using issue management and product development toolsets, including JIRA.
● A self-motivated individual with a customer-first mindset who is easy to do business with.
● An individual who works independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment.
● An individual with the capability to combine a short term focus with medium term planning, who can demonstrate flexibility when priorities change.
● A resilient and enthusiastic individual who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs.
● A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas
● An effective team player, who actively develops and supports fellow team members
● An individual with the ability to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style.