Jaguar Land Rover are engineering our highly integrated charging and battery management systems for our next generation of electrified vehicles. This is a rapidly growing area in which our in-house software is critical in enabling a world class charging experience for our customers. Our teams plan, design, integrate and validate the charging system software to ensure we deliver our charging systems on time and to quality.
WHAT TO EXPECT
In this role you will be working in an Agile environment to lead the design and delivery of our in-house application software in the creation of our BMCM (Battery Management Control Module) to support JLRs exciting future product line up.
You'll also be responsible for the following:
* Lead application software development for JLR's exciting line-up charging systems
* Develop and execute Simulink based software module design and virtual test (Module in Loop and Software in Loop).
* Delivery of verified and validated Charging system software to the project deliverables and timing.
* Ensure process alignment and adherence to key internal and industry standard coding rules and practices to ensure compliance with ASPICE and ISO26262.
* Charging system software issue resolution (including out of process updates and rapid prototype containment of issues).
* Cross team and cross functional working to develop the software requirements & solution to complex problem.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
To be successful in the role you will need the following skills and experience:
* Experienced user of MATLAB /Simulink/Stateflow for embedded control system design and validation, along with a familiarity of electrified vehicle powertrain and/ or Electrical systems
* Experience of quality tools to support creation of robust algorithms
* Possess a high level of attention to detail / accuracy, whilst delivering at pace
* Team player, able to work effectively over multiple teams and department to deliver effective solutions
* Proven people and networking skills to bring out the best from others and bring in best practices
* Proven track record in the delivery of technical objectives to quality and time targets
* Understanding application of industry and legal standards relating to control systems
* Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred
* Experience in writing and maintaining requirements for control software for real-time embedded systems (ideally in IBM DOORS).
* Float point ECU and fixed point code generation (Embedded Coder/AUTOSAR coder )
* Experience with Infineon TriCore and DSP microcontrollers.
* High voltage hardware knowledge / experience (IGBTs, SiC, MOSFETs etc.)
* Experienced in AUTOSAR development in System desk or MATLAB system composer
* Understanding of power electronics switching, charging modules hardware and software algorithms.
* Higher degree in software, controls or other relevant subject