WHAT TO EXPECT
This role is responsible for the definition; development and delivery of harmonised systems solutions, consisting of multiple interconnected components, into Jaguar Land Rover vehicles for Exterior Lighting Electrical Systems
Key Performance Indicators
* System Functional and Non-Functional Analysis - carry out a range of analysis and investigations of the customer requirements to define the expected system functionality and their performance targets.
* Evaluate multiple system design concepts and maintain integrity between system and its components to arrive at a harmonised solution
* System Functional and Physical Architecture - Liaise with architecture teams to maintain alignment with the specified programmes, as well as electrical and physical vehicle architecture.
* System Design Specification - prepare system requriements specification and developing functional designs, demonstrating how the system satisfies the defined customer requirements
* System Integration - Define system logical and physical architecture, Interface Control Document and a system integration plan.
* Verification and Validation - Design and develop system integration tests
* Support cross-functional technical reviews
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Delivery of Exterior Lighting systems within Digital Product Platform across the range of Jaguar Land Rover vehicles
* Assist and contribute to the generation of targets and verification methods that are driven by Customer, Function Requirements and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
* Contribute to the delivery of the area onto all programmes, in line with the Systems Engineering dicipline outlined by Product Creation Systems
* Provide technical support and assistance across the operational team on topics relating to the integration and harmonisation of multiple interconnected components including issue resolution and objective data analysis
* Work with Technical Specialists and Research Engineering on Attribute and Function Forward Strategies, including new Function Definition and Failure Mode Avoidance
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
* Body Engineering Exterior Lighting Department
* Electrical Launch & PVT Teams
* Headlamp & Tail Lamp Suppliers
* Electrical Controls Team
* Body Systems Software Team
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Good relevant experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment - ideally within the Automotive Sector
* Model based engineering (MBE)
* Requirements Management (RM)
* Good verbal and written communications
* Analytical and problem solving skills
* Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal skills
* Relevant experience of system definition, system architecture development, requirements specification, design/performance modelling, systems integration, system assessment and acceptance
* Full driving licence
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
* Experience in applying Systems Engineering and in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach
* Experience in requirements management tools such as Dassault or IBM
* Experience of working in an Agile Environment
* Demonstrates our Creators' Code behaviours of Customer Love, Unity, Integrity, Growth and Impact.
* Continually working hard to deliver a modern luxury experience to earn and keep our customers' trust and loyalty.
* Embracing differences, being empathetic, welcoming challenges together empowering each other to deliver.
* Building trust by speaking openly and honestly, listening attentively, and treating others respectfully.
* Taking initiative and using failure as an opportunity to learn. We develop by giving + seeking honest feedback.
* Making a difference through our results. We innovate and never lose sight of what we want to achieve.
* An individual who is results driven with the ability to deliver operational plans in a highly demanding environment
* An individual with the ability to prioritise their work load
* A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas
* An effective team player who supports team members
* Resilient and enthusiastic, an individual able to deliver results under pressure