Role- Senior Quality Engineer - Labs
Lead the delivery of Quality Engineering within the specific Science and R&D Quality areas they represent. Support the Quality team and stakeholders in the development of processes and Quality applications. Drive the expansion of Quality tools and improvements in overall Quality performance. Work with stakeholders to expand the scope, deployment and performance, through working collaboratively with other functions.
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £42,650-£55,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours.
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
You will be required to:
- Planning and delivery of Quality engineering working as part of a team, or individually, within the area they represent.
- Provide specialist expertise in the application and deployment of Quality tools and techniques within their represented area.
- Advises on the application of the Quality engineering and metrology, and its application within the workplace.
- Act as a subject matter expert to a technical multi-functional team to resolve problems when required by the area they represent.
- Provision of technical review and guidance on process development and Quality application within their specialist field.
To be successful in this role you should have some the following skills:
- Relevant HNC/HND or equivalent qualification and/or experience.
- Membership of a recognized related professional body, or working towards i.e. MCQI.
- Training in the use of lean and six sigma techniques and/or other related problem solving and improvement tools.
- Ability to provide tactical insight on the needs of the business
- Tools to deliver superior performance in a manner that achieves commitment and buy-in Influencing and stakeholder and relationship management skills, and collaborative working with a broad cross section of customers, suppliers, and functions
- Implementing appropriate and tailored solutions in a cost effective and cost-efficient way.
- Good knowledge of the national and international standards for quality and business management systems.
- Good depth and breadth of knowledge within their technical field.
- Technical knowledge of the configuration and certification requirements for high integrity product.
- Significant experience in Problem solving and Continuous improvement.
- Experience of reviewing and auditing process, programmes and projects.
- Experience in report writing and delivery.
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 and applications of quality in science and research and development.
All candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.