Are you an engineer looking for a motivating, challenging, and exciting role supporting the UK’s Royal Navy? If so, we have some fantastic opportunities offering job stability and career progression, with access to some of the most exciting and rewarding projects in the UK Defence industry!
As an Electronics Engineer, you will join one of our teams of highly skilled and motivated engineers and specialists. You will help ensure the platforms and equipment we deliver to the Royal Navy are available and safe to operate by providing engineering support and assurance on all activities related to either electrical power and distribution or sensors and electronic (combat) systems.
Please note, the successful applicants may be required to travel to other UK sites and military bases on occasion.
What will you be doing?
In these roles, you could have the opportunity to:
- Produce technical requirements at product and sub-system levels
- Develop electrical/electronic engineering design solutions for a variety of different platforms across the full engineering life cycle
- Audit of engineering calculations, analysis and integration
- Provide assurance that the design conforms to the relevant engineering and build standards, and contractual requirements
Who are we looking for?
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- A minimum of a HNC qualification (e.g., Level 4) in an engineering subject, or equivalent relevant experience
- Electrical and/or electronic engineering experience
- Experience working with other teams and a variety of stakeholders
What are the perks?
We’re pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
- 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Funding for qualifications and subscriptions to professional associations, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression
- A huge range of discounts including retail, sports, leisure, restaurants, gifts, days out, holidays, cinema, motoring, insurance, health care, gym memberships, and more
- Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave schemes, offering 100% pay for 26 weeks (after a qualifying period)
- We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best. We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Discover more in our Little Book of Big Benefits and pension schemes
Ready to see where you ambition will lead you? Click to apply today.