WHAT TO EXPECT
The Chassis loads team is responsible for predicting the forces that go through the suspension system and setting the component targets to ensure the vehicle meets strength and durability requirements.
We are looking for a chassis loads development engineer to enhance our methods and tools for the prediction, analysis and mitigation of vehicle loads across a platform, primarily using multibody simulation methods.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Development of tools, methods and processes to improve loads prediction accuracy and efficiency
* Development of tools, methods and processes to allow for mitigation of loads in chassis system
* Document and package above developments in a way that they can be followed by delivery team as a standard process
* Ad-Hoc analysis/delivery support, often utilising one-off, non-standard methods
* Supporting Loads Subject Matter Expert to identify areas and options for development
* Road Loads data interrogation, analysis and correlation
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge, Skills and experience
* Ability to solve complex technical challenges
* Experience using software for data analysis, as well as good knowledge of MS office
* Experience of writing technical documentation/reports
* Familiarity with Chassis design
* Familiarity with MBS tools
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience
* Knowledge of chassis loads prediction using MBS tools
* Familiarity with road load data collection and analysis.
* Competent in the use of
o Excel VBA