WHAT TO EXPECT
The purpose of this role is to coordinate the design, development, testing and introduction of new systems and components or commodities. The role requires the individual to deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time and lead on the technical content and integrity of specific components and systems across specific programmes.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time, including maintaining the Worldwide Engineering Release System (WERS) and/or iCreate.
* Own and deliver the Engineering Advanced Product Quality Planning deliverables.
* Manage Change Request, expenditure forecasting and the relevant supplier teams in support of delivery of the programme milestones.
* Manage vehicle test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and support Engineering test teams with rectification of issues.
* Resolve issues with component engineering and vehicle attribute teams to develop designs that meet targets.
* Ensure all appropriate JLR standards are met through-out design maturation.
* Provide input into new feature development.
* Ensure all programme design solutions meet:Programme targets for cost and weight.
* Legal regulations and Requirements Management & Design Verification (RMDV) documentation.
* Perceived Quality and World Class Product Audit (WCPA) requirements.
* Keep all Module documentation up to date including:Meeting minutes.
* Programme Design analysis documents.
WHAT YOU NEED
Knowledge and experience
* Previous experience of managing resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment.
* A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes.
* Degree qualified or equivalent experience preferred.
* Able to use structured problem solving tools resolve complex cross functional technical issues.
* Experience of using failure mode avoidance tools to deliver high Quality robust Engineering.
* Experience of verification of requirements through component, system and vehicle level test methods.
* Previous experience within engineering or programme planning departments.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills.