WHAT TO EXPECT
As a Senior Cloud Operations Engineer, you will demonstrate proven experience of cloud Infrastructure and operations. As the senior resource in the cloud operations team you will be defining and evolving standards and ensuring the cloud ops engineers are adhering to those standards. The role will be hands on, project based and research based. You will be working with the cloud architects on product development and roadmaps, working with the SRE/IDP function to continuously improve standards, liaising with security and secops resources to enhance and implement security as code, helping project teams understand requirements all with the view of accelerating JLR's journey to the cloud whilst remaining secure and realising value.
We encourage all team members to share their passion of innovative problem solving, quality-first coding and DevOps/SRE practices to help evolve the team and function. You will significantly contribute to IT's future growth by assisting in the delivery and support key IT and business initiatives. In addition to the immediate team you will work with the Architects, Business Relationship Managers and Project/Programme Solution Architects, BAs and PMs as well as Service Delivery & supplier Technical Architects and Subject Matter Experts to ensure the project solutions are correctly designed and successfully delivered
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
We are looking for an experienced Senior Cloud Operations Engineer with clear experience of cloud infrastructure, software engineering and SRE practices to help lead and develop the Digital Transformation and shape the future Cloud Services.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Demonstrable Experience in Unix OS and ideally recent experience in container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, etc) and a scripting language (e.g. Python, Bash)
* Experience of at least one major cloud provider (GCP, AWS, Azure) and ideally Kubernetes experience
* Strong experience of Site Reliability Engineering practices and principles
* Strong experience in operational monitoring and dashboarding for applications (ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, SonarQube etc.)
* Relevant and current software development / engineering experience covering all aspects including all security and privacy aspects, error handling, monitoring and logging.
* Strong exposure to both waterfall based and Agile/Scrum based methodologies
* Exposure to Enterprise API, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development and Infrastructure as Code.
* Clear ability to think strategically, analyse data and information and develop and deliver appropriate, innovative and effective solutions