BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
The Digital Defence Services Business Unit in BAE Systems Digital Intelligence delivers mission focused solutions in digital transformation to clients across Land, Sea, Air, Space and Cyber.
We are looking for an experienced Solution / Application Architect to join our team to work on a variety of projects for our clients. You will work closely within an Agile Development Team to architect the overall solution, provide software engineers with guidance on microservices structure, interface design etc. and provide technical assurance across the developed product.
- Leads the development of solution architectures, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external and internal customers.
- Responsible for defining and managing the solution engineering approach.
- Ensure that the design meets key functional and non-functional requirements and will allow the operational and through-life scenarios required for the solution to be satisfied.
- Specify the development of performant, secure and supportable code and data flows
- Owns and manages technical and solution risks. Works to reduce and mitigate at earliest practical opportunity
- Retains overall ownership of solution through delivery and transition into operation and/or subsequent refinement, or modification.
- Ensures that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to.
Given the client-driven nature of our work, technology stack can vary from project to project. However, experience of at least some of Enterprise Java, Linux, AWS and Nifi would be useful.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.