Senior Electronics Engineer
Hardware| | Primarily remote but must have easy access to our London office for some on-site work.
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park.
We remain #1 in the UK home sector and are making significant progress in the UK commercial sector with 86% year-on-year revenue growth, increasing our headcount from 247 to 500+ since early 2021.
More importantly we are making progress on our mission having delivered 171.5 million kWh by our charge points in 2021, avoiding the equivalent of 127,267 tonnes of CO2e.
What you’ll do
- Designing, prototyping and testing of Innovative Electric Vehicle Charging Systems
- Manage your own workload and timeline to meet project deadlines
- Mentor and guide junior engineers through knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- Be involved in product design from early specification to final production stages
What you’ll need
- Proven track record of designs from specification to compliance and manufacturing
- Good understanding of electronics product compliance procedures (product standards, directives etc)
- Cross domain knowledge about analog and digital systems
- High attention to details
- Process driven mind-set
- Don’t be afraid to innovate
- Familiarity with embedded systems (STM32, ESP32, AVR, ARM etc.)
- Understanding of common bus systems (I2C, UART, SPI etc.)
- Ability to understand electrical specifications and construct assemblies with mechanical content
- Willingness to tackle varied technical challenges
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well as part of a team
- Familiarity with electrical installations
- Knowledge of production test methods, JTag ICT and bed of nails testing
- Experience with switch-mode power supplies / inverters
- Programming experience (C / C++ or Python)
- Experience with Power Line Communication
- Experience with cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or LPWAN
- Specific experience with Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment, Solar/PV or battery /inverter systems
- You have a pet (if you have a dog our office is dog friendly and you’re welcome to bring them in!)
- You’re passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
If you're interested in our mission but none of our current vacancies suit your skills, why not connect with us to be notified of any future vacancies by clicking here.
Our culture is electric
Our culture is one of the many reasons we were recently voted to be in the top 100 organisations to escape to in 2022 via Escape The City (out of 13,000 nominations).
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company.
We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard but we’re not clock-watchers and you will be given plenty of guidance and very few rules. We’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape your role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people.
We also provide the following benefits:
- Salary Sacrifice Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- Remote first working approach
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- The odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle if you come into the office
- Annual company residential
- Employee Assistance Program
We’re a “Remote first” company, so we conduct all interviews on Google Meet and are pretty good at onboarding new starters remotely (if we do say so ourselves). We do have our dog friendly (!) London office which you will be welcome to use for work if you prefer - although there will be no requirement for you to do so.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!