WHAT TO EXPECT
Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) are looking to appoint a Powertrain Technical Lead who will be at the heart of JLR's best-in-class powertrain delivery programmes, including electrified applications, involved in the creation and end-to-end engineering delivery of propulsion modules & systems from project kick-off through to production.
The role provides a unique opportunity for you to collaborate across many functions, including:
* Internally within Powertrain, with strategy, hardware, software & certification teams to deliver robust solutions into our vehicle programmes.
* Across functions such as Manufacturing, Commercial, Finance, Strategy, Vehicle Engineering and Marketing to deliver a customer-focussed, cost-effective product.
* The role resides within the Powertrain Technical project delivery team, which is part of the wider Powertrain Engineering department, and includes the Programme, Quality, Launch and Application Engineering delivery areas.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Collaborate cross functionally to support vehicle release and delivery to market against the appropriate time, quality and cost targets
* Act as the key interface between the vehicle line management team and the powertrain commodities teams to ensure clear alignment on target requirements, programme requirements and other key programme deliverables
* Alignment of project delivery timelines across powertrain commodity teams, ensuring they synchronise with the broader vehicle delivery timelines
* Identify key interdependencies within powertrain and facilitate relevant information flow to ensure smooth and timely delivery of programmes
* Represent powertrain in external communication and present clear/concise status to key stakeholders as part of programme reviews
* Identify key technical/ commercial/strategic risks and issues within programmes and facilitate early resolution via cross-functional dialogue / alignment and appropriate escalation to key stakeholders
* Support relevant powertrain teams with changes to ‘ways of working', tools and processes; ensuring a common approach across all powertrain commodity teams
* Monitor key project deliverables across all aspects of content delivery and organise interim reviews as required. This will include technical compatibility, virtual build, physical build and launch support.
WHAT YOU' LL NEED
* Have good knowledge of powertrain systems and experience of the automotive industry
* Have experience in project management and a track record of being able to effectively manage programme timelines and cost targets
* Be passionate about delivering vehicles of exceptional quality that our customers will love
* Be a team player - ability to work collaboratively and influence stakeholders towards a common goal
* Be a self-starter and willing to take ownership of programme delivery with minimal supervision.
* Have excellent verbal / presentation and written communication skills
* Have Exceptional interpersonal skills and self-confidence
* Work with empathy and build trust to create solid, lasting relationships
* Hold a relevant degree or equivalent experience