Facilities Project Engineer
£50,702 to £56,336 per annum (dependent on skills and experience). A Specialist of Allowance of up to £5000 is also available for this role.
Hours: Full time or Part time.
Contract Type: Open Ended.
Location: Science and Technology Facilities Council, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Harwell, Oxfordshire.
Come and do the kind of engineering that made you want to be an engineer. Stretch your technical skills while building human understanding. Promote sustainability and create new materials. Alongside world-leading scientists and technologists, shape projects that improve lives in the UK and far beyond.
Put simply, come and discover the impact you can make when you're equipped, encouraged and inspired to perform to your very best.
From the original vision over 30 years ago, the ISIS Neutron and Muon facility has become one of the UK's major scientific achievements; changing the way the world views neutron scattering. It is a world-leading centre for research in the physical and life sciences.
None of this could be achieved without significant investment in infrastructure. To support this we are currently seeking to recruit a Facilities Project Engineer. Leading the Water Plant and HVAC team, you will help define requirements and develop systems to deliver into various parts of the ISIS facility.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading a design team to produce designs for water cooling plant, HVAC and gas systems for use at the ISIS facility.
- Using project management processes and techniques to ensure all health, safety and environmental issues are addressed appropriately.
- Coordinating the building, construction and structural elements of ISIS projects, and developing the facility infrastructure.
We are looking for someone with:
- A degree in an engineering related subject, or equivalent experience.
- Sound fundamental knowledge of water plant systems and a background in co-ordinated the design of systems for industrial use.
- Experience of leading projects and large procurements.
- Proven skills in line management, with extensive experience of leading and co-ordinating people indirectly.
We are offering a permanent position that provides a whole host of family friendly benefits including; 30 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays), an excellent pension scheme, employee shopping/travel discounts, a salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme, plus many more benefits and wellbeing initiatives that enable our employees to have a great work life balance!
We ask some of the biggest questions in the universe, to answer some of the biggest challenges in the world. Together, our scientists, technologists, engineers and business-support team explore the unknown across every field you could think of. They turn what they find into work that changes the world around us.
What could you achieve with the world-leading facilities and experts of one of Europe's largest research organisations by your side? Join us and discover what's possible.
UKRI is an Equal Opportunity & Disability Confident Employer.
Closing Date: Sunday 4th December 2022