WHAT TO EXPECT
The current global supply limitations of Semiconductors has accelerated the need to transform the way that we engage with chip makers and architect our vehicle electronic systems. JLR have established a long term semiconductor strategy and are building a highly capable technical team to implement and maintain this strategy across the Engineering functions. This team is based in Engineering, working directly with our Semiconductor Partner organisations.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Lead communication and deployment of Semiconductor strategy, and establish processes across Engineering for engagements and use of strategic Semiconductor partners and suppliers technology
* Support and lead projects enabling consolidation of electronic hardware in the vehicle electrical architecture
* Drive and lead technical engagements with Semiconductor partners
* Drive and enable collaborative technology development between Engineering functions and Semiconductor partners
* Lead, and support Engineering functions, to review Semiconductor partner portfolios and roadmaps and to provide future requirements for Semiconductors
* Support Engineering functions to work with Semiconductor partners on proof of concepts and technology demonstrations
* Align with Purchasing matched pair for strategic Semiconductor selection
* Support Commercial functions to assess new Semiconductor manufacturers or supply chains
* Build strong working relationships across Engineering, Purchasing, and Semiconductor partners
* Semiconductor manufacturers (technical and business)
* Semiconductor resilience team
* Electronic hardware design and GRADE (electronic robustness) teams
* Semiconductor, Electronic Hardware, and Software Purchasing teams
* Engineering teams (Powertrain, Digital, Body, Chassis, etc)
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Knowledge Skills and Experience
* Knowledge/awareness of semiconductor technologies, types, applications, and design/manufacturing process
* Detailed knowledge, skills and experience of Vehicle Electrical Architectures, and/or vehicle electronic systems such as Chassis Controls, Body Electronics, Power Supply, Infotainment, Connectivity, Networks, Powertrain Electronics, Driver assistance sensing and computing, ideally in a Systems Architect role.
* Alternatively - detailed knowledge, skills and experience of semiconductor portfolios, developing these portfolios to the needs of customers, choosing and applying semiconductors (System on Chip, Processors, Integrated Circuits, Discretes, etc) to fulfil a customer's application.
* Alternatively - detailed knowledge, skills and experience of architecting and designing electronic hardware, including identification and selection of semiconductors (System on Chip, Processors, Integrated Circuits, Discretes, etc).
* Problem solver with Agile way of working
* Excellent level of ability to structure, analyse and interpret data
* Motivated by change management and ability to drive change
* Strong communication skills from operational to executive level
* Relationship and network builder - internal and external
* Fast learner with a curious mindset
* Business acumen and strategic mindset
* Ability of being a strong team player in parallel of driving topics independently
* Educated to degree level in Engineering
* Keen interest in Semiconductors and technology, who stays informed of latest technical and business developments in these fields.
* An individual with a customer first mindset, who is easy to do business with, and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable.
* An individual who can work independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding and evolving environment.
* An individual who is resilient and enthusiastic, who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs.
* An individual with the capacity to combine a short term pragmatic focus with medium term planning
* Able to effectively communicate complex ideas to wide range of individuals
* An effective team player, who actively supports and develops team members
* Fosters collaboration across the wider team